About Wheatley Group
We’re part of Wheatley Group – Scotland’s leading housing, care and property-management group. Wheatley provides homes and services to over 210,000 people in 19 local authority areas across central Scotland.
More about Wheatley Group
Wheatley Group is named after John Wheatley, the Glasgow MP who became known as the father of social housing.
All parts of the Group are firmly rooted in their local communities. However, by joining forces, our partner organisations are delivering much more for their customers than they could on their own.
And, by using our combined size and scale, we are contributing to improving housing, care and regeneration at a national level.
Which organisations make up Wheatley Group?
- Wheatley Homes Glasgow - Scotland’s largest social landlord, with 43,570 affordable homes in Glasgow;
- Wheatley Homes South - with around 10,350 homes across the region;
- Wheatley Homes East - with almost 7200 affordable homes in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife;
- Loretto Housing - with more than 2750 affordable homes in the central belt;
- Wheatley Care - which provided care and support to around 8170 people in 2022-23;
- Lowther - which owns or manages a portfolio of around 1600 homes for rent, also manages around 1320 homes for Wheatley Group registered social landlords and provides property-management services to almost 29,000 households;
- Wheatley Solutions - where around 650 people work together to provide Group support services;
- Wheatley Foundation - which invested £6.6m last year in creating opportunities for people to improve their lives; and
- City Building (Glasgow) - jointly owned with Glasgow City Council and providing repairs and maintenance services.